Friday, January 18, 2013

Let's Talk Half-Marathons...

It's not only winter but it's also half-marathon training season. I just created a beginner training plan for a non-runner friend who is running her first half - also the Nike Women's Half in D.C. As a disclaimer, I did not pull it out of my head but instead combined a few beginner training plans and tailored it to what I think she can handle.

I've never "trained" for a half-marathon. I've always used them as long runs during marathon training. This year, I've decided that I want to PR any race I run. So that being said, creating my friend's plan inspired me to create my own, incorporating the workouts from the Boston Advanced Half program. I ran the Nike Half course a few weeks ago on my own and it's pretty flat. Thank goodness. Me and hills are not friends. I can't even sprint up stairs without heaving. Anyway, here's my plan:

1 comment:

  1. I'll make you run up some hills when you are in Virginia!

    ReplyDelete