Sunday, January 20, 2013

Group Run Turned Solo

10 mile group run was a failure. P awoke with a bad back so I decided to just do a solo run. I don't know why this irks me but I hate it when I forget to start my Garmin. I've become too dependent on it. About one mile in my watch goes into power save and I internally scream. So although I ran 8, the Garmin only clocked 7.1. Either way, it wasn't 10. I made it up by doing 10 x 400s. P isn't getting off that easily though...tomorrow's another day. Little does he know what awaits him (until he reads this, that is).

My running partner:


As for tonight I tried to make a healthy-ish beef stew. I used 1 lb beef cubes, browned the meat in 1 tbsp veg oil, and poured two cups of water with 2 cubes of beef bouillon. Then I added parsley, thyme, garlic, and pepper.  Let that simmer for about 1/2 hour. I then added chopped up onion, celery, carrots, mushrooms, 2 tsp of corn starch, and simmered for another 45 min. Easy, breezy. Cook up some egg noodles and voila:


We definitely countered any healthiness with lots of alcohol at the bar later on. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment