Monday, April 1, 2013

PPTC Fail, Easter, and Food Choices

I didn't go to my track workout on Thurs night. This is my problem- if I don't go running either right before or right after work, I will get lazy and comfortable. I got home at about 5:30 and track was at 7. So of course I lazed around and ate junk food, changed into my pjs and told myself I'd go tomorrow. I woke up and ran 7 miles but its just not the same. The workout was 12x200ms, which I did this morning in the middle of my run (right off the bus from D.C.).

Speaking of D.C...this weekend I was in DC helping Phil break his fast. I also forced him to run 10 miles with me on Saturday. Here's a photo recap of our run:

Our pre-run meal of oatmeal, bananas, and blackberries.


Ladybug running with Phil


We reached the midpoint and found a kite festival! Please ignore the face that he is making. 




Heading back into VA, past the Lincoln Memorial


Sunday morning I woke up to an Easter basket!! We had a long day of eating ahead of us but I still managed to break open some eggs to find some Reese's peanut butter treats. 


Phil broke fast with these pretzels. They were SO good and we're going to make them and share the recipe.


After we had our pretzels, it was time to go have Easter brunch with Phil's fam at a churrascaria- my first time ever!! I was scared and excited. It was amazing and I love hanging out with his family bc they are super cute and I get to hear embarrassing stories about Phil!



I'm not even kidding when I tell you that I gained about 5 lbs from just a few weeks ago. I will attribute most of it to yesterday's feast (worth it) but Phil's fast has also put my eating habits into perspective. We had a discussion about how you don't realize how many chemicals and unnatural products are in the foods that you eat every day. My goal this year is to become a better, more efficient runner, and I truly believe that my diet is getting in the way of this. So this week, I am going to try and limit my consumption of foods that contain chemicals, additives, and all that unnatural stuff, which ALSO means I will be cutting out CHIPS and DESSERTS (or maybe just limit them to only one day/week...). Let's see how I do. I will be logging my foods for all to see.

PHIL will also be writing a guest entry about his experience fasting for lent!!!! Stay tuned!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment