Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day to all four of my lovely friends/boyfriend who read this blog!!! P came down to NYC to share the day with me and he also came bearing gifts: Pearl Izumi spin shorts and spin shoes!!!!! I think I am the only girl in the world who prefers workout gear to jewelry. I will take photos of my presents later. For his vday gift, I will skip my second PPTC workout so I can watch him cook me dinner later. I emailed my coach this morning and asked for today's workout so I could do it on my own during lunch (bc today I can actually take lunch!!!!)

Yesterday was also the first day of lent. P decided to do the Daniel Fast for lent and is already dying. In preparation, I stocked up on fruits and veggies and made a brown rice stir fry with sweet potato fries for dinner. I thought it was pretty good but I think P was missing his usual meal of pasta and Italian sausage. Here's the recipe:

Ingredients for the Daniel-friendly stir fry:

  • Trader Joe's fully cooked brown rice
  • 1 cup black beans
  • 1 1/2 cups mixed frozen vegetables
  • 1 block extra firm tofu
  • 1 package of baby button mushrooms
  • 1 medium red pepper
  • 1 tbsp sesame oil
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
Instructions: Sautee everything in a pan!




On Easter we are, of course, going to a churrascaria.

No comments:

Post a Comment