Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Hoi An and Back

Hoi An was amazing. I'm glad I went and cried at the airport so that they would let me come back to Ho Chi Minh. I had two full suits and a suit dress custom-made at Lana on Le Loi Street. The women were friendly and my tailor did a great job. You can and should definitely bargain with them. I paid $335 for my pieces, which I'm pretty happy about.

We had dinner at Morning Glory the first night and tried a few local dishes, including the white rose, spring rolls, cau lau, crispy tofu, and curry. Everything was delicious. The cook is stationed in the middle of the restaurant so you can watch her cook your meal (or you can just order a bottle of wine and drink instead). Hoi An is a UNESCO World Heritage site so the town looks like it was frozen in time. There is a big market on Bach Dong Street where the locals sell anything from lettuce to key chains.


We stayed at the Hoi An Beach Resort, which is just about ten minutes out of the center of town. I would 100% recommend it and would definitely go back again. The ambience is excellent, the entire place clean, and the breakfast is soo good. There are about three pools (maybe more) on the resort and a private beach across the street. Breakfast and a free shuttle into town are included in your stay. I just loved it. Everyone was so helpful and nice.

Now I'm back in HCMC. I finally got to the Embassy and was able to obtain a temporary passport but now I have to worry about getting another visa. I just came back from Immigration and have to return on Friday (the day before I leave!) to go pick up my visa. I am hoping I don't have to pay again. This trip has gotten so expensive and I am getting so home sick. I miss my family and my boyfriend :( And of course my friends back home. I hope the rest of this stay will be less stressful. I just hope those thieves remember that karma is a bitch.


No comments:

Post a Comment