Monday, February 11, 2013

Cookies and Snow

This weekend Juls had her baby shower and in my hunt for something blue to serve for dessert, I found these almond joy pieces at the supermarket:

Almond Joy Pieces

So of course I made ALMOND JOY COOKIES. I used this recipe I found online with just a few alterations:

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda 
  • 1/4 tsp sale
  • 1 1/4 sticks butter
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp almond extract
  • 1 cup oats
  • 1 1/2 choc chips
  • 1 cup almond joy pieces
  • 3/4 cup coconut flakes
  • 2 tbsp milk

Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 deg.
  2. Beat butter and sugars until creamy
  3. Mix in egg, milk, vanilla and almond extract
  4. Mix in salt, baking soda, and flour
  5. Stir in coconut, oats, choc chips, and almond joy pieces
  6. Roll dough into one tbsp balls and place on baking sheet, 2 inches apart
  7. Bake for 12-14 minutes then remove to cool.



The second type of cookie I made was an OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIE, a recipe I also tweaked:

Ingredients:

  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp almond extract
  • 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon 
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 3/4 cups rolled oats
  • 1 cup raisins

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  2. Cream together butter and sugars until smooth
  3. Beat in eggs and almond extract
  4. Stir in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt
  5. Stir in oats and raisins
  6. Roll tsp balls and drop onto baking sheet
  7. Bake about 10 minutes and cool.



Writing this recipe just made me really hungry.

In running news, the aftermath of the blizzard left the sidewalks covered in snow and ice. However, by Sunday, a lot of it was already shoveled to the side, which left me room to run 10 miles. I was a little slow because I had to jump over puddles and try to not fall on my ass but it was actually a really nice run. I didn't hit my 12 mile goal because I left G (who is visiting this whole week!) at Equinox with a guest pass. I could really use a cookie right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment